Thursday, June 5, 2014

Ivano-Frankivs'k Week 6! February 3, 2014

Hi all!
Adam! I am so proud of you for being baptised!! It sounds like it was a wonderful experience. And I hope that you will remember it always!
So this last week has been great I found out on Saturday that I would be staying in Ivano with Sister Lewis this next transfer, and I am so happy. It will give us more time to work with our investigators. They are doing well, but simply need more time to develop their testimonies and be baptised as a family, but all they need is more time. Before coming on my mission I never realized how hard it is to completely turn your life around, and In many places doing that in less than a month. There have been many times I have thanked my Heavenly Father that I was born into the church. Simply because I might have been one of those "eternal" investigators, trying to find out everything before I joined. Instead of simply putting my trust in the Lord and the Testimony that I had gained.
I would like to close with my testimony to you all that I know that we are all sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father, who knows, loves, and wants each of us to return to live with him again. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that through his infinite atonement we can be saved. I know that the prophet Joseph Smith was called of God to restore the Gospel in these the Last days. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it was translated by the power of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the  prophet of God who has been called in our day to lead the church. I know that this Church is true.
Don't ever doubt your own testimony, because Satan is doing everything he can to stop you. Because he knows what you are capable of. In Companionship Study this past week Sister Lewis and I got talking after a comment she made from her reading.
Alma 48:17 "Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men."

He is scared of us. More scared than we can imagine. So he tries to make us belittle ourselves and think that he has all of the power. But he doesn't. He only has as much power as we give him. And he gains that when we make decisions that lead us off of the "Straight and Narrow" path.

So...

Go about this week striking fear into the heart of the adversary!

When you think about it, it's actually more easy than it seems.
Love
Сестра Граф

No comments:

Post a Comment