Monday, February 24, 2014

L'Viv- Week 1-- August 26, 2013



L’Viv—Week 1
August 26, 2013
I'm in UKRAINE!!!!!!!
It has been so amazing these first few days. It is 11:57AM Monday morning on August the 26th in L'viv Ukraine, which is my very first area in Ukraine. I'm in a trio right now with Сестра Olds and Сестра Crane. It has been great with the both of them. The sad news is that Сестра Charles is going home from the MTC to get better, so Сестра Crane is leaving us to go to Chernovse tomorrow. (Not sure if that was spelled correct) We all get to take a train there and back tomorrow so that we can drop her off with her new companion.

   We were able to meet the Branch here in L'viv on Saturday for their Independence Day celebration. It was so much fun all of the missionaries, two sets of Elders and two sets of Sisters, (Right now the sisters outnumber the elders, since we have a trio) got up and sang two Ukrainian Folk songs. It was so much fun doing that for the Branch, especially since that was the first time everyone met us.

   Tuesday Night we taught an English class.   I feel that this is preparing me for when I return from my mission. We can talk about the church if someone asks why we are there. It helps because the conversation is more natural.

   I know that Heavenly Father gives us these challenges to build us up. When we do have trials Satan may feel that he has one, that we will now give up and not try anymore. But he is wrong!! It is these times of trial that help us put on the whole armor of God so that we will grow closer to him and be impervious to the fiery darts of the adversary in times to come.

I'd like to close this letter by sharing my testimony to you.

    I know that this gospel is true. I testify to you all that I know that Jesus if the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I know that through the Prophet Joseph Smith the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth in it's fullness, and it will never again be taken from the earth. I want to live my life so that I will be worthy to live with my family forever in the kingdom of God. Never doubt what you know to be true. Never stray from your beliefs. This I testify to you so that you will know that I DO KNOW! In the name of my Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love,
Сестра Graff

No comments:

Post a Comment