Tuesday, December 31, 2013

MTC-- Week 7



Hey all!

   Such an amazing week!!  One of our investigators, Svitlana, a 15 year old who didn't want to pray, finally prayed!!!  I was so happy!!!  This week has been amazing with all of our investigators.  We went into all of our lessons with no notes and I was amazed at the Spirit that I was able to feel in those lessons, as compared to those where we were just reading from a paper. I was also amazed at all of the Ukrainian that I actually knew!!  It is amazing what the Lord can do if you just give Him a chance.  It's hard for the Holy Ghost to testify in a lesson if you never give Him a chance to say anything.

   With another set of investigators, Nadya and Yanna, we had an amazing lesson with them.  I had asked Yanna to give the opening prayer, forgetting that we had not taught them how to pray yet.  She said that she didn't know how to pray yet, so I thought, "That's great now we know what to teach her next week."  Next thing I hear is Sister Charles telling them that it's okay because we will teach you how to pray today.  In my head I was freaking out thinking how on earth are we going to teach them this!  We had not had time to review that for them!!  However as the lesson progressed, we felt the Spirit so strongly.  And I knew more fully that Heavenly Father was able to help us immensely with that lesson.  I know that if we simply give the Lord a chance we will be able to bear witness of the truth of all things, to both us and our investigators.

   When you pray this week I would challenge you to truly listen to what the Holy Ghost is trying to whisper to you.  We need to truly think about what the Lord knows we need.  It is no use asking for help, but only expecting one answer.  The Lord knows best, and sometimes the answer he gives us is what we need, not always what we want.  The Lord knows best, for all of us.  We just need to take that first step and ask Him first.

I love you all so much!

Cectpa Graff

PS: We get our travel plans this Friday!!!!!!!!

PPS: More pictures next week


No comments:

Post a Comment