Tuesday, December 31, 2013

MTC-- Week 5-- July 23, 2013



This week has been amazing!!!!

   We taught one of our investigators, Valare, about how through our obedience we can increase our own faith.  We asked him if he would be baptized on the 10th of August.  He did not say yes or no, but he asked us if we would help him to increase his own faith!!!!!!  I am soooooooooo happy!!!  His wife and son got baptized a year ago, but he has not been baptized yet.  I am so glad that he has taken this step towards his own baptism.  Our other investigator, Svitlana, is still not praying.  It is so sad to see her life and to see that if she would only stop and take the time to pray, her life would be so much better.  We teach her this week and I think that I will give her some of the bread that Grandma Roxie sent me. (Ukrainians do love their bread. You are not allowed to throw any away!)

   Adam I heard you got your foot cut, but didn't even cry!!! And then got it wrapped up in angry birds gauze.  What a big dude!  How are you and everyone else doing?  Happy 24th of July!! Good luck mom on the Pioneer day activities!!  Wish I was there to help you out.  If you get a chance you should all watch 17 Miracles.  We watched that for the Fourth and I cried my eyes out.  I don't know if they have anything special planned for the twenty-fourth yet.  I'll let you all know next week.

   Last Tuesday our devotional was so amazing.  They took a picture of all of us.  The best part is that was the third ever picture taken of the MTC Missionaries.  If you happen to see it in church news, I am in the far section of only sisters.  I'm right in the end and I'm wearing my blue dress with my silver scarf.  Meghan did they ever take any pictures when you were there?  Did they do that for you Dad?  The missionary force is growing every week with more and more answering the call to serve.  Tomorrow I think that we have six more Ukrainian Speakers coming to this MTC!  So excited for them to get here!

   My Ukrainian has come along so far.  Sometimes it's hard to see that when you look at it each day.  Sunday, I gave the closing prayer in sacrament meeting, in Ukrainian.  I was nervous, but when I was done I realized how far I have come in the past few weeks.  The time truly flies by here in the MTC.  Tomorrow will be the start of my sixth week!!! So amazing!

   Never forget that the Gospel is true, yesterday, today, and forever, no matter what language you speak.

Cectpa Carly Graff

P.S. Pictures next week

No comments:

Post a Comment