Tuesday, December 31, 2013

MTC- Week 6!

Hey all!!!
 
   Happy Birthday Mom on Sunday!  Adam, I hope your foot gets better!  This week has been super fun and exciting.  One of our teachers, Bpat Feil left us to move to Iowa.  However before he left he showed all of us the pictures from his mission.  I am so excited to go to Ukraine now!  Not that I wasn't before, but now I am Uber excited to meet the people there. Yesterday was super funny. Cectpa Crane killed a chair.  His name was, "Mr. Squeaks"  You should have seen her reaction-- it was so funny.   It was hers and Bpat Adams favorite chair.  Pictures of the aftermath are down below.
 
   When I got Meghan's email I was so excited for her.  I know that the Lord will prepare a way that she may be able to help these people.  Never forget that no matter where you are, even if you are not a missionary, the Lord has prepared at least one person for you to touch.  "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God" (D&C 18:10)  I remember an activity we did at my first EFY.  Our group stood in two circles facing each other.  We were then to look into each others eyes across from us and try to look at that person as Christ would look at them.  Not as some goofy kid that has been joking around with everyone, not as the shy person who is afraid of what people see in them.  But as sons and daughters of a living God, born to an eternal heritage of royalty.  It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.  I would challenge you all to take a day and do that, try and look at everyone as Christ would and, "The Spirit itself [will] beareth witness with our spirit that we are children of God." (Romans 8:16)

   I thought of my own investigator when I read this line from Meghan's letter, "No one had seen his potential.  It wasn't their fault.  He made sure to blend well enough.  But how many of those do we pass by on a daily, maybe even hourly basis?  I cringe to think of all those over the years I had not "seen"...or at least allowed myself to see."  It is true, there are so many people that we pass by every day, all of them son's and daughters of our Heavenly Father, who try to simply act as though all is well. When in reality they desperately need help but don't know whom to turn to.  Be that person that they can go to when they need a friend.  Be "willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort..." (Mosiah 18:9)
 
I love you all so much. May you feel the spirit in your lives each and every day.
 
Cectpa Graff
 

No comments:

Post a Comment