Tuesday, December 31, 2013

MTC-- Week 4-- July 16, 2013



MTC—Week 4—July 16, 2013
Hey all.
   You have no idea how crazy his week has been.  Last Wednesday, Sister Faber, one of my companions went home.  Such a sad day.  I'm going to sob every transfer out in the field.  And I was only with her for three weeks.  It's been so lonely without her here.  There have been so many times when I will call Sister Charles, Sister Faber.
   Caty!!!! I got the picture with Michael and McKay!!! It was super funny because I got back to my room and slipped under the door was a letter from McKay!  I was a little worried at first, wondering how on earth he had found out what building I was in.  Let alone what floor or room. Rest assured everyone, he did not break into the sisters’ dorms!  He found a Sister Garff who is Russian Speaking who knew what building and floor I was on. Then our Sister Leader, (all sister districts equivalent of a District Leader) saw it on the floor of our hallway and slid it under our door.

   We have two investigators that we are teaching right now, Svitlana and Valere.  Svitlana is a 15 year old orphan. We are trying to teach her about the importance of prayer, but she is not willing to pray. Valere is in his late thirties, early forties.  He has a wife and son who were baptized a year ago.  He goes to church more than them sometimes, but he does not feel ready for baptism yet.  It is so hard to look at these children of God and not being able to fully explain to them the joy, happiness, and blessings that they are missing out on. There are so many things that I want to tell them but I don't know how.

   For me one of the forces that is helping me to learn Ukrainian is the knowledge that, the more I learn the sooner I can more fully tell them the full message of the Gospel without any language barrier between us. I have come to rely on the spirit so much in teaching these people. More so than I ever have before. I truly think that one of the reasons I was called Ukrainian speaking was to help and teach me to rely on the Spirit more.  As I look back I can see how there were times in the past where I feel that I relied more on the "arm of the flesh" than that of the Spirit.  I am eternally grateful to the Lord for this opportunity to grow in spiritual strength.  I honestly do not know where I would be without he Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  He truly is the same yesterday today and forever.  No matter what language you speak.

   I love you all with all of my heart.  And, I hope that each of you know that I know that this Gospel is true.  I have personally prayed to our Heavenly Father and he has answered my prayers.  Never let yourself doubt what you know, because no matter what Satan or the World throw at you, He will always stand steadfast and immovable.

Я знаю що це істинну. (I know this is true.)

Love,
Cectpa Graff.


No comments:

Post a Comment